Friday, June 26, 2020

DAR to now allow all 3 DNA to be used in the App Process.

This is very interesting news if you are a member or want to be a member of the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR). At this point, I do not have any more specifics to share other than what Katherine Borges (an ISOGG Admin) posted to the ISOGG FB newsgroup. If this is true, So they will now allow the trifecta of DNA testing (YDNA, Autosomal DNA (atDNA), and Mitochondrial (mtDNA) to be part of the DAR application process. Sorry, I don't have any additional details but I will be looking into this. it looks like I may be a bit busy wearing my genetic genealogy hat in the coming months. This is if this virus relents enough to let me go on the road or in my Tri-County Community College genetic genealogy classes.

Here is that post
DISCLAIMER: While I’ve been a DAR member for 20 years this year, I do not speak on behalf of the DAR, represent it, or am involved with their policymaking. I’m just a past chapter regent who is enjoying DAR’s online Continental Congress.
BIG NEWS FROM DAR: As you may have heard or seen posted on Facebook, DAR announced at the Federation of Genealogical Societies (FGS) conference last August 2019 that they would be expanding their DNA policy to include autosomal DNA, and now they’ve included mitochondrial DNA as well! Quite emphatic (and rightly so IMHO) that it’s just another tool to prove lineage and needs to be used with other source docs. If you have questions about this, please direct them to DAR (preferably after Congress I’d imagine!) And if you are a DAR member, be sure to watch the DAR’s DNA presentation that’s in today’s CC agenda.
I also quite like this new emblem! I have quite a few DNA projects at Family Tree DNA with applicable patriot lines. I’d also like to see this on WikiTree.