Sunday, March 20, 2016

Dustup Between 23andMe and FTDNA

I guess it was only a matter of time before lawyers got their hands on our good thing -- genetic genealogy DNA testing -- and turned it into one hell of a legal mess (as most thing lawyers get their hands on turn into).
 
This new "thing" has so many moving parts, quite frankly I have decided to sit back and let the dust settle and see who or what is left standing. So for the time being, here are links to the major pieces of this nightmare as I have been able to find them.
 
I've said this before but IMHO, the minute the ABA allowed lawyers to advertise on TV was the minute that everything has gone to hell in a hand basket in this country. They have managed to screw up way to many and made this country into a very litigious society.
 
Here are the three links I have some far.
 
Family Tree DNA and GedMatch Dustup
 
 
Family Tree DNA Class Action Lawsuit Alleges Privacy Violations
 
Alaska class action lawsuit says Family Tree DNA posted info on public websites
 
Will it is what it is and if I hear anything else, I will report it here. I could say something here but given how 1st amendment free speech has been under attack lately, best to keep my  yapper shut. I don't need and lawyers, subpoenas or lawsuits at this stage of my life.